The set consists of the five albums of devotional bhajans sung by Brahmacharini Mirabai, a sannyasini of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India. Her devotional singing expressed the divine longing and “soul force” that Paramahansa Yogananda extolled in Indian music. The set includes of the following albums in MP3 digital downloadable format:
- Anjali : Anjali means offering. Traditional Indian bhajans (devotional songs) are truly offerings to God, composed and sung as expressions of the soul’s homage to the Divine. Read more.
- Arpan : This album consists of bhajans sung by Brahmacharini Mirabai during her only visit to the United States in 1997. As is customary in the spiritual tradition of India, bhajans are meant to invoke the presence and blessings of the One Spirit, or God, in various aspects. Read more.
- Jai Ma: Haunting Bengali bhajans that capture the soul of Indian music. Performed live at the YSS Ashram in Ranchi by acclaimed musicians Sri and Srimati S. N. Sen (now known by her monastic name of Brahmacharini Mirabai) and their students during a ceremony dedicated to the Divine as Mother of the Universe. Read more.
- Krishna Prem : This recording consists of bhajans expressing devotion for the Lord in the form of avatar Bhagavan Krishna. The accompanying instruments include bells, conch, cymbals, duffle, flute, gongs, harmonium, jal taranga, khol, santur, sitar, surmandal, tabla, tanpura, vichitra vina, and violin. This recording was made at Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Read more.
- Shanti Mandir : This recording includes all compositions from two previously released audio cassettes: Shanti Mandir (selections from Paramahansa Yogananda’s Cosmic Chants) and Vandana (traditional Indian bhajans). All these musical offerings were recorded live by Brahmacharini Mirabai and musicians from the Yogoda Satsanga Sangeet Kala Bharati (Yogoda School of Indian Music). Read more.
For MP3 Downloads:
After you have completed the checkout process, you will be given a link to download the audio files in MP3 format to your device. You will also receive this link in an email. The files in this download are zipped files. Note for iPad/iPhone users: Any audio purchased on our site needs to be downloaded first to a computer, and then synced to your iPad or iPhone. This is due to Apple’s proprietary programming and is true for all audio files that do not come from iTunes or an Apple site.
Our staff is unable to assist you with technical support or to walk you through the download process. As much as we would like to assist you, we have found that there are too many types of computer systems and browsers, MP3 software and players, as well as the individual settings and ways you have configured your computer and browser to be able to track down what the problem might be or to walk you through the download process, which can be different for every type of browser and computer system. Please consult your computer technician for assistance.
℗— 2000, 2011, 1978, 1986, 1980 Self-Realization Fellowship. All rights reserved.
It is our privilege to offer the MP3 recording featured on this webpage, exclusively for your personal use. We invite you to download this edition onto your own digital devices, as you may see fit for your individual (non-commercial) use. Kindly note, however, that upon acquiring this MP3 recording you are agreeing not to reproduce and/or transmit the contents of this MP3 recording to others without the publisher’s prior written authorization. We thank you for supporting our publishing endeavours in connection with the spiritual legacy of our founder, Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda.